February is still the thick of winter, but we are headed toward spring. That is why it is such an important month for your roof. At Planet Roofing, we know that Colorado winters are an aggressive combination of bright sun, harsh winds, and heavy snow accumulation. We are going to use the next five blogs to review the things you can do for your roof in February!
- Watch for debris
- Colorado storms are known for breaking branches. When it is especially cold, the frozen limbs break even more easily.
- If you don’t pay attention to your roof, branches can end up staying on the roof for years at a time. The weight is detrimental, and the decomposition is very harmful to your shingles.
- Get your roof inspected and consider solar panels
- Keeping in touch with your roof is the best way to avoid expensive repairs. Preventative maintenance is the name of the game.
- Colorado is famous for its sunny days. If you don’t have solar panels, you aren’t taking advantage of this almost constant source of power. We have the expertise and knowledge to give you huge savings when it comes to energy.
- It can be tempting to wait until warmer months to consider roofing or solar panel projects, but we advise you to make a start. The earlier you get going, the better.
At Planet Roofing, we have served the Front Range for decades, and we know what it takes to make a roof that lasts under Colorado elements. Contact us today to learn more!