With the major home selling season quickly approaching with April, we know many people are getting ready to put their homes on the market. Whether your home is old or new, there are some easy ways to boost its value by at least 12%. The great thing is, these methods are inexpensive, which means you will make a profit!
In our last blog, we reviewed how to handle interior painting. In this blog, we will look at exterior maintenance as well as how roof maintenance can boost your home’s value even further.
- Spruce up your home’s exterior
- Imagine that your home is going to an interview. It needs to look great. Get to a good start by trimming the shrubs, laying down new mulch on the garden beds, and mowing the lawn.
- Repair cracks and damaged brick walls. These are minor repairs that will go a long way.
- Touch up the exterior paint, especially on the front of the house. If you do this, check out the possibility of power washing first.
- Get your roof inspected and repaired
- Real estate professionals say that your roof is one of the most important parts of your home when it comes to making a sale. Prospective buyers will be looking at it and asking how old it is.
- Roof repair often costs less than you think it will. We recommend you get a roof made of shingles whose warranty can be transferred to the home’s new owner.
At Planet Roofing, we understand that selling your home can be overwhelming. That is why we offer free roofing inspection in Colorado. Contact us today to learn more – we are ready to help you!