The meteorological first day of spring is just a few weeks away, and this makes us think of storms. As warm moist air meets colder dry air from the north, powerful storms will churn up. These storms bring always-needed moisture, but can also bring powerful straight-line winds, hail, and even tornados. Tornado season begins April 1st, and this marks the beginning of the busy season for roofers everywhere. As a leading roofing company in the Denver area, we get calls from all over the metro area from people seeking estimates for hail damage. In this week’s blog, we’ll cover some of things you can do if your home has been hit by hail.
If your home has been in the path of a hail storm, there are something you can do right away to help in any eventual insurance claim.
- Make a record of the hail storm.
- Use the screenshot function on your smart phone and make a record of the storm cell that has gone over.
- Take photos of the hail, both on the ground and with an object to show the scale of the hail stone. Something common such as a quarter is the perfect thing to use.
- Take photos of any broken objects in your backyard and any shingles or metal trim that might have blown off your house.
- Call Planet Roofing! We will come out and perform a free inspection of your roof.
We are a full-service roofing company who can repair or replace your roof. We can deal with the insurance company directly so you don’t have to! Call us if you get hit by hail!