The more you know about your roof, the better. You don’t have to be an expert, but it is amazing how far foundational knowledge can take you. Nobody wants to have the stress that comes with a troubled roof. We are here to help you!
In this and the next seven blogs, we will address several frequently-asked questions about roofs and working with roofing contractors. We want to empower you to make the best decisions when it comes to your roof!
- My contractor is planning on using staples instead of nails for my asphalt roof. Is this good or bad?
- According to the NRCA (National Roofing Contractors Association), nails are the best for installing asphalt roofs.
- The nails should be galvanized steel or the equivalent in order to resist corrosion.
- We recommend that you double-check the building code requirements in your area as well as any recommendations made by the shield manufacturer itself.
- I have ice on my roof and I want to get if off. Will melting pellets harm my asphalt shingles?
- In general, chemicals for melting ice do not shorten the lifespan of asphalt roofs.
- The chemicals may stain your roof, but it will eventually wash away.
- Stick to calcium or magnesium chloride pellets rather than sodium chloride. These two options are more gentle and still very effective.
Planet Roofing and Solar is proud to be the premier option when it comes to roofing companies in Denver. We offer free roof inspections and over a decade of experience with Colorado roofs and Colorado climate. Contact us today!