At Planet Roofing and Solar, we believe that knowledge is power – and a little knowledge goes a long way! At their core, roofs are not that complex, and understanding them prevents complicated, expensive issues.
In our last blog, we answered some frequently-asked questions about roofing and roofing contractors. We are the best roofing company in Colorado, and we know what it takes to stay on top. Read on for more insightful answers to common questions!
- It’s the middle of winter, and I have a contractor working on my roof. Is there a temperature at which it is too cold to install asphalt shingles?
- While there are no specific temperature guidelines for installing asphalt shingles, they do get more brittle when it is cold. Fiberglass shingles are more likely to break than asphalt shingles.
- Storing the shingles in a warm area and transporting them to the roof in small bunches will reduce the possibility of breakage.
- Your roof needs heat to seal completely – the self-sealing strips will not do their job without the heat of the sun.
- In the winter, a good roofing contractor will apply adhesive by hand to the shingles, especially if you live in a high-wind area. This will keep the shingles in place until they get enough heat to seal properly.
When it comes to roofs, we at Planet Roofing and Solar are proud to be the ultimate experts. We have extensive experience with residential, multifamily, and commercial roofing. We also offer free roof inspection and estimates year-round. Give us a call today!