At Planet Roofing, we know that your gutters are an integral part of your roof. As fall leads us to the winter with falling leaves, we cannot stress the importance of cleaning your gutters enough. Keeping your gutters clean means keeping your roof and your foundations, because water will damage both.
In our last blog entry, we explored two reasons why clogged gutters are more of a risk than you may think. Here are the last two reasons:
- Clogged gutters put your basement at risk
- Gutters exist to take water away from your home. If they cannot do their job, that water goes straight to your home’s foundation.
- The dirt around your home has purposefully been slanted down and away to carry water away, but the water will erode this slope.
- Once the water gets down by the foundation, it can find its way into your basement. It can also causing shifts in the dirt, which lead to cracks in your foundation.
- Clogged gutters are bad for your wallet
- Your home is an incredibly important investment. If left unattended, clogged gutters can compromise your investment by requiring you to pay for elaborate repairs.
Planet Roofing is Denver’s premier roofing contractor. We offer free roof inspections and great promotions. We know that the roof of your home is your family’s first line of defense, and we are committed to making it the very best it can be. Our roof inspectors can give you input on your gutters to ensure they are in great shape for winter. Call us today!